Full program description
The Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance- Georgia CTSA andSC-CTSI have collaborated to provide free, high quality educational programs for clinical research professionals at novice to expert levels of experience. At the completion of each course or program, participants earn contact hours recognized by a certificate and/or badge.
There are thousands of job opportunities in clinical research. For those seeking an initial career in this field or switching professions, how does one “get their foot in the door”? In this program, experts from the medical device industry and academic medical institutions will provide comprehensive insights to various clinical research fields, and necessary core competencies for professional growth and pathway advancement.
At the end of this program, participants will gain perspectives and insights in various clinical research fields, and the required skill sets, background experiences, education, and resume building skills to acquire positions as a clinical research professional.
- Session 1: From Academics to Industry – A Physician Research Perspective
- Session 2: Clinical Supply Chain Management: Dude, Where’s My Patient Benefit?
- Session 3: Understanding Clinical Research Management at Academic Institutions
- Session 4: Roads to the Human Subjects Protection Program (OPRS and IRB)
- Session 5: Knocking on HR’s Door: Do you have what it takes to be a CRP?