Full course description
Virtual reality offers non-traditional approaches to therapeutic development and delivery. Different therapeutic approaches that use virtual reality simulations for mental and physical health are discussed. This course also presents results of randomized clinical trials validating the effectiveness of these approaches.
- Examine the past and current landscape of clinical virtual reality, highlighting technological advances in both software and hardware components.
- Describe therapeutic approaches utilizing virtual reality simulations in the areas of exposure therapy, cognitive rehabilitation, as well as physical and occupational therapy.
- Explain the importance of developing data-driven treatment strategies for the implementation of clinical virtual reality by clinicians.
- Compare and contrast the drawbacks of traditional methods and virtual reality approaches in assessing and treating cognitive function and impairment.
- Identify other uses of virtual reality in the wellness field such as meditation and exercise applications.
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Complete the quiz and evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 5/19/2023
- Expiration Date: 5/19/2026
Program Information: This is the first course in a six (6) course program. To complete the entire program and earn a badge CLICK HERE.
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-727-9208.